We are always accepting resumes for fully certified ECE’s and ECEA’s as well as Responsible Adults. If you have high standards for yourself and others, take initiative, are a creative thinker and love working with kids then we’d love to meet you!
In joining our tightly-knit team, you can expect generous wages, benefits, detailed training programmes, support with furthering your own education and so much more!
Cream of the Crop is an enriched learning and childcare centre that uses emergent teaching, play based learning and developmentally appropriate practices. We are a brand-new, modern, progressive childcare centre and we are passionate about taking care of our staff, and clients in addition to provide the best care possible for children.
We believe in child-led learning while following a detailed curriculum full of hands-on, get-messy, creative fun! Our nanny-cams will be on at all times during operation hours to give parents full peace of mind. We expect all member’s of our team to be honest, patient and kind caregivers who remain consistent in their care whether cameras are on or off.
Interested candidates are asked to email a cover-letter and resume to j.york@
Job Title: Substitute Teachers
Full/part time: On call
Number of hours:
Wage Range: Competitive, based on experience
Location: Chilliwack, near downtown
Nanny Cams On: Live-streaming during business hours
Assist ECE and ECEA’s running daily programme
• Follow Cream of the Crop Programming, Curriculum and Care Plans
• Guide behaviour of children as needed
• Assist with preparation as needed (laminating, cutting, printing etc)
• Uphold and model Cream of the Crop ideologies and standards at all times
• Maintain detailed notes and records on each child including observation sheets
• Participate in emergency preparedness drills are completed each month
• Communicate with Parents, resolve conflicts
• Supervise & direct play and engage in activities
• Monitor/prepare breakfasts, snack or lunch as needed
• House-keeping & cleaning
• Coverage for before/afterschool room from time to time with occasional pick ups
• Assist with event planning (graduation, open house, September launch etc)
• Administrative and reception work
• Other duties as required
• Responsible Adult Certificate or higher
Hold a valid emergency child care first aid certificate
• Current, clear criminal record check
• Valid license and clear driver’s abstract
• Must be able to lift 45+ pounds, reach high and low, bend, kneel, stand for long periods.
• Physically fit enough to play and walk/run outdoors every day, rain or shine.
• Willing to be recorded during business hours. Our nanny cams will be live-streaming to parents.
• Professional, well articulated both in person and in writing
• Speak, read, write English
• Self-aware and able to recognize when you need to “tap out” and ask for support.
• Honest, dependable, reliable
• Patient, kind, even-tempered
• Very flexible and adaptable to change
• Self-motivated/able to take initiative
• Strong positive leadership and communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel)
• Excellent customer service skills
Food Safe or willing to attend
Able to speak, write, read French or another language
Cooking/baking, Gardening, Music