Closing Date: October 30th, 2019
We are always accepting resumes for fully certified ECE’s and ECEA’s as well as Responsible Adults. If you have high standards for yourself and others, take initiative, are a creative thinker and love working with kids then we’d love to meet you!
In joining our tightly-knit team, you can expect generous wages, benefits, detailed training programmes, support with furthering your own education and so much more!
Cream of the Crop is an enriched learning and childcare centre that uses emergent teaching, play based learning and developmentally appropriate practices. We are a brand-new, modern, progressive childcare centre and we are passionate about taking care of our staff, and clients in addition to provide the best care possible for children.
We believe in child-led learning while following a detailed curriculum full of hands-on, get-messy, creative fun! Our nanny-cams will be on at all times during operation hours to give parents full peace of mind. We expect all member’s of our team to be honest, patient and kind caregivers who remain consistent in their care whether cameras are on or off.
Interested candidates are asked to email a cover-letter and resume to j.york@
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Full/part time: Part-Time (grow into full-time)
Number of hours: 20-25hours/week
Wage Range: Competitive, based on experience
Benefits: After 3 months probation
Location: Chilliwack, near downtown
Closing date: October 30, 2019
Nanny Cams On: Live-streaming during business hours
Leading and ensuring everyday activities and curriculum are carried out per Cream of the Crop standards, working closely with the Lead Educator. Assisting the manager in keeping the integrity of the programme intact through various administrative duties and supervision of staff. We are looking for a candidate willing to be groomed into a full-time management role.
• Follow Cream of the Crop Programming, Curriculum and Care Plans
• Create or adapt age appropriate emergent activities and curriculum if/when needed including pre-
• Ensure sensory bins and art prep completed per standards and curriculum plans
• Guide behaviour of children as needed
• Provide guidance and in the moment feedback to staff as needed
• Assist with training of new employees
• Assist with preparation as needed (laminating, cutting, printing etc)
• Uphold and model Cream of the Crop ideologies and standards at all times
• Maintain detailed notes and records on each child including observation sheets
• Ensure emergency preparedness drills are completed each month
• Communicate with Parents, resolve conflicts
• Supervise & direct play and engage in activities
• Monitor/prepare breakfasts, snack or lunch as needed
• House-keeping & cleaning
• Coverage for before/afterschool room from time to time with occasional pick ups
• Assist with event planning (graduation, open house, September launch etc)
• Administrative and reception work
• Other duties as required
• ECE license required. ECEA currently enrolled in ECE may be considered with equivalent experience.
• Solid understanding and familiarity with the Community Care Assisted Living Act and Childcare Licensing
• Hold a valid emergency child care first aid certificate
• Current, clear criminal record check
• Valid license and clear driver’s abstract
• Must be able to lift 45+ pounds, reach high and low, bend, kneel, stand for long periods.
• Physically fit enough to play and walk/run outdoors every day, rain or shine.
• Attendance at regular staff meetings and participation in ongoing training (occasionally on weekends)
• Available to cover owner or staff absences
• Must be available one day on the labour day weekend
• Willing to be recorded during business hours. Our nanny cams will be live-streaming to parents.
• Professional, well articulated both in person and in writing
• Speak, read, write English
• Self-aware and able to recognize when you need to “tap out” and ask for support.
• Honest, dependable, reliable
• Patient, kind, even-tempered
• Very flexible and adaptable to change
• Self-motivated/able to take initiative
• Strong positive leadership and communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel)
• Excellent customer service skills
Food Safe or willing to attend
Able to speak, write, read French or another language
Cooking/baking, Gardening, Music